Workshops and presentations are provided to communities and groups on topics related to the program’s mission. Examples are Open Space Planning; Residential and Commercial Conservation Development (general introduction and technical workshops on specific topics); Options for Landowners; Tools for Open Space Conservation.
Technical Assistance on specific projects is provided to neighborhood organizations, communities, counties, and landowners. Examples are review and comment on specific development projects, comprehensive and open space plans, and zoning code updates, market studies and analyses. We also provide on-site consultation to assist communities and developers in their joint discussions.
Database and Research Information
- Residential Conservation Development Projects in Northeast Ohio
- Inventory of planning status and conservation-oriented regulations of communities in Northeast Ohio
- Reference List of Developers, Homebuilders and Development Designers
- Reference List of Planners
- Reference List of Natural Landscaping Consultants
- Reference List of Economic Analysis Consultants
- Data on shopper preferences and capture rates in urban neighborhoods
- Additional reference information is available on legal issues, wastewater, roads, and commercial and industrial approaches.
Small Communities Planning Initiative
Assistance is provided to communities interested in doing their own planning projects. Contact us for more information.
Ohio Balanced Growth Program - Best Local Land Use Practices (BLLUP)
Assistance is provided to communities interested in implementing planning and zoning policy to support balanced growth. More information is provided on the Ohio Balanced Growth website, www.balancedgrowth.ohio.gov.